This morning as we drop hang off at school. He kept turning away from the thermometer and the teacher, burrowing his face into my shoulders..
And when the teacher carried him in, he cried so hard. And kept looking back at me, as if he was pleading me to please take him back. I smiled as my heart dropped...
I tried to fight back my tears. Gosh, this lifetime of tears is waiting for me isnt it?
I was warned by huckleberry that there are some grand milestones that comes with hitting 9 mths.
I'm constantly fascinated by him, his focus and curiousity as he plays with his toys. He just sort of picks it up, hit it against each other, puts it down and picks it up again.. His tenacity when he keeps falling down but still tries to stand up with one hand on the railing, and the other one holding his burpcloth.
As he starts to know more about the world, I guess he also discovers it is a world of temporary goodbyes. That hurts us both.
No comments:
Post a Comment